South Park Youth Association’s (SPYA) mission is to enrich our community through youth athletics. In order to help us achieve this mission, SPYA maintains a financial aid program to provide assistance to families who may require help in covering the cost of our various sports programs.
SPYA financial aid is awarded based solely on financial need as demonstrated via completion of the South Park Financial Aid Application. The aid may be granted as a “full financial aid package”, a “partial financial aid package” or a “payment plan”, with the amount of such aid being determined at the sole discretion of the SPYA Football Committee based on its review of the completed Financial Aid Application. It should be noted that while our mission is to provide opportunities for all children to participate in our sports leagues, the number of financial aid packages are limited and may fluctuate year-to-year based on the financial ability of SPYA to provide such aid. As such, consideration for financial aid will be made on a first-come, first-need, and first-serve basis.
SPYA financial aid covers only the cost of the registration fee for the program for which the applicant is applying. The registration fee, in turn, covers the cost of various items such as uniforms, fields, referees and other items and services. However, the financial aid does not cover the cost of athletic equipment not covered by the program fee, so applicants for financial aid should be aware that they will most likely incur certain other expenses associated with the sports program.
Please note the following guidelines related to SPYA’s Financial Aid Program:
- Applicants must complete the Financial Aid Application in its entirety.
- SPYA reserves the right to request additional information from the applicant based on its review of the Financial Aid Application.
- Upon completion, Financial Aid Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
South Park Youth Association
2333 Cloister Drive
Charlotte, NC 28211
- Applications for financial aid will be reviewed within two weeks of their receipt and the financial aid committee will correspond to the applicant within that time frame.
- Applications may not be accepted after closure of the registration period for the sports program.
- All information submitted to SPYA will be held in strict confidence.
PLEASE VISIT THE FILES AND FORMS PAGE FOR THE APPLICATION